<< Move your Mouse ! >>
Do you know ?
- It takes 40,000 gallons of water (150,000 liters) to make one ton of steel.
- It takes 150 gallons of water (570 liters) to make just one copy of a Sunday newspaper.
- Oil companies use about six gallons of water for every one gallon of gasoline they produce.
- It takes about 770 gallons of water to refine one 43 gallon barrel of petroleum.
- It takes 75,000 gallons of water to produce a ton of high grade paper.
- It takes 600,000 gallons of water to produce a ton of synthetic rubber.
- It takes 44,000 gallons of water to produce the steel in one car.
- It takes 1,000 gallons of water to produce a ton of sugar.
- The American automobile industry uses 400 billion gallons of water to produce 5 million cars each year.
- The consumption of water nationwide is 2,000 gallons per person per day, including industrial use.
- It is recommended that an adult consume 183 to 274 gallons of water per year.
- An average family of four uses about 240 gallons of water per day or a total of 88,000 gallons of water per year.